Wednesday 17 February 2010

Red, Silver then Road

Yesterday I was walking home from tescos, as many of you probably know it was pancake day and I was ready to stuff myself, I was standing at the lights there was this five year old kid he was screaming and laughing at his older brother who was standing across the road, unexpectedly with a car in sight the kid stupidly runs out, but I guess the actions of a five year old kid can't be called stupid, it was just unpredictable, the kid runs out and is immediatly hit, his body went limp as it made contact with the car, his head hit the bonnet and he was still on the car for about 5 meters until he came flying off and flew another say 4 meters across the the road like a battered raggedy andy. Their was silence, the world stopped I was snapped back to reality by his mothers screams, she dropped to the floor in a faint but immediatly awoke, to the kids credit it must of been the adrenaline, he got up and staggered back to the pavement and fell again, I suddenly rushed forward to help yet I remembered you can't grab or hold a victim if they're in an accident and i'm definatly not qualified to do anything, lucky a nurse was standing at the traffic lights too, and she helped get the kid to the curb and check if he could still feel pain, he could......all I could do was stand by and watch as he was helped, I attempted to call an ambulance but as i rushed forward a man already got his phone out and was talking to the 999 call centre. All I could think was if I moved faster I could have grabbed him, taking the brunt for him or dragged him back if their was time, it was like a flash all I saw was his redcoat run out in about o.1 secs he was hit. I can only thank a higher power that he was okay, he could feel the pain and the ambulance collected him, I felt powerless just standing their with my tesco bags full of pancake crap.
Another person I feel for was the elder brother the mother immediatly put all blame on him despite the fact he wasn't walking with them and had crossed the road, pretty sure he was across the road from when the mother left tescos, he clawed at his hair under the pressure that was suddenly put on him, breaking down in tears that's a pain i hope I never feel.
And to the driver I sympathise I mean fuck, that shit would make me hate driving for a long time.
Just gald he was all ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment